May is known for growth and wow did our product grow this month. It's time to check out what new features and improvements have sprouted.
Official Doppler VS Code Extension
We heard you! The desire to edit your secrets where you edit your code has been a gap we'e wanted to fix for a while. Today we're super excited to release a big step forward with our Doppler VS Code Extension. You can now read and edit secrets directly from VS Code side by side with your code so you don’t have to interrupt your workflow. It’s available to everyone today for free!
Secret Visibility Types and Reveals
Secrets can now be assigned a visibility - un-masked, masked, or restricted - giving engineers greater control over how and where a secret can be accessed from in whatever way works best for them. Have a secret set to masked? Users are now able to click to reveal masked secrets in Doppler. This helps limit unnecessary secret reveals and improves auditing by only logging reads for secrets we're confident were seen by a user.
New Integrations Added
We’ve added two new integrations this month to our continuously expanding list. First is our new OAuth-based DigitalOcean App Platform sync integration. Now, you can sync secrets to the DigitalOcean app platform and services will automatically re-deploy.
Using Qovery? Sync Doppler secrets to Qovery applications, containers, or jobs with our new Qovery integration.
What else have we been up to?
- Added support for name transforms with an update to the Terraform Cloud sync
- Solved an issue where GitHub orgs with a large number of repos might experience timeouts when creating new Github Actions syncs
- Workplaces on Team or above can now rotate MongoDB Atlas Passwords
- Launched a dedicated Getting Started page for new users to streamline onboarding
- Generating recovery codes is now part of enabling MFA
- Improved messaging in Activity Logs when no log data is available in the last 30 days
- Updated our public API to support fetching only raw secret values
- Activity Logs will now track the use of referral credits for a Workplace
Watch, Read, Attend
- Read - Secrets Risk Mitigation for Security Teams (Part One): We partnered with GitGuardian on how you can automate risk mitigation to maintain a strong security posture in part one of this two-part series.
- Read - Simplify Kubernetes Secrets Management with Doppler: Orchestrate your Kubernetes secrets with Doppler, so you can have secure and robust audit logging, secrets referencing, centralized management, rotation, and so much more.
- Attend - Going to Gitpod’s CDE Universe on June 1 and 2? Be sure to check out our very own Nic Manoogian who will be taking the stage to talk about how CDEs work perfectly with Doppler to create a secure environment for developers working in shared workspaces.
What Doppler is Digging This Month
Here are just a few things we're excited about lately. Let us know what cool stuff you're building, reading, or even playing by replying to this email or posting in the Doppler Community, and we might feature your thing next month!
- Lade - Created by a Doppler user and shared in our Community, Lade allows you to automatically load secrets from your preferred vault into environment variables while limiting the exposure of secrets.
- tea/gui - Enables you to streamline development with the ability to browse, install, and update open-source software with only a few clicks.
- SaaS Screenshots - A large database of SaaS websites and product screenshots to help inspire your own project.